Germain Ford and Collision Center
Automotive Mechanic - Germain Ford of Columbus
Germain Ford of Columbus takes pride in our many long-tenured employees. Our focus is a commitment to employee and customer satisfaction. At Germain Ford, we have a customer-friendly environment and state-of-the-art equipment to perform the latest techniques in maintenance and repair work. Germain Ford of Columbus offers competitive flat rate wages depending on skills and motivation.
We are always looking for bright, motivated and energetic professionals to add to our team. Our employees work together towards a common goal to offer the best service and value for our customers. If you feel that your skills would be a valuable asset to our customers, we want to get to know you!
What We Offer:
- Supportive atmosphere
- Talented and seasoned Service Advisors.
- Certification reimbursement and expenses paid for training to further your career
- Uniforms are provided
- High-volume store with plenty of opportunity to maximize your productivity and income
- Hands-on training including classroom training, and manufacturer training.
- Opportunity for growth and promotion from within
Responsibilities and Duties:
· Perform work as specified on the repair order with efficiency and in accordance with dealership standards
· Test components and systems using diagnostic tools and special service equipment
· Diagnose, maintain, and repair vehicle automotive systems including engine, transmission, electrical steering,suspension, brakes, air conditioning
· Communicate directly with the Service Advisor so that customers can be informed if any additional service is needed. Provide an estimate of time needed for additional repairs
- Must have at least 2 years of experience as an automotive technician
- Ability to read and comprehend written instructions and information
- Knowledge of all aspects of automotive repair and maintenance
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ensures that customer’s cars are kept clean
- Maintains stall in an orderly and clean manner
- Ability to identify problems quickly
- Ability to learn new technology, repair and service procedures and specifications
- Ability to operate electronic diagnostic equipment
- Operates all tools and equipment in a safe manner.
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Ability to pass pre-employment testing to include background check, drug test and motor vehicle report is required.
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Short disability insurance
- Long term disability insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off (PTO)
- Employee discounts