Germain Ford and Collision Center
Parts Counter Representative Germain Ford of Columbus
The parts counter representative sells automotive parts by taking and clarifying customer orders; retrieving and selling new and replacement automotive parts; receiving and recording new parts inventory; maintaining parts databases; maintaining safe and secure environment.
- Takes customer orders by listening to and clarifying requests; identifying automotive parts; offering and explaining alternative solutions.
- Completes sales by entering purchased items into sales/inventory system; obtaining payment; adding purchase to credit account; issuing sales receipts.
- Maintains parts inventory by verifying supplies; placing orders when order-points are reached.
- Stocks items by unpacking, arranging, and placing items in bins and on shelves; adjusting inventory system.
- Receives returned items by inspecting items; returning payment; issuing credit; re-packing and re-shelving items; returning damaged items to supplier.
- Maintains safe and secure environment by following safety and security standards and procedures; complying with codes.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading about new products.
- Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Data Entry Skills, Telephone Skills, Customer Service, Verbal Communication, Selling to Customer Needs, Product Knowledge, Inventory Control, Vendor Relationships, Equipment Maintenance, Lifting, Job Knowledge
- Professional dress in a neat and business-like manner.
- Prior auto sales experience is not required, but may be a plus.
- Bilingualism is not required, but can be very helpful.
- Valid Ohio Driver’s license is required.
- Ability to pass pre-employment testing to include background check, drug test and motor vehicle report is required
Germain Ford of Columbus offers competitive wages depending on skills and motivation. We also offer a competitive benefits package including:
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Short and Long-term Disability Insurance
- Paid time off
- Employee Discounts
- Closed on Sundays to spend time with our families